I run a few WordPress sites, and every now and then one of them gets hacked. Most recently I found that Google Chrome was warning visitors to my web site that there was malicious code on my site. Here’s the process I went through to clean out my site running WordPress 3.2.1 (though I’m sure it applies to others as well).
Accepting the Problem
Since Google was warning that I was linking to a URL that contained malware, I assumed the link came from an outside source. I’ve heard that Google AdSense can sometimes be the culprit (they blacklist URLs, but sometimes there are AdWords ads pointing to the URLs and those ads don’t get pulled from AdSense, so they end up on your site), so I decided to take the lazy route wait until Google realized it wasn’t my fault and cleared my good name...Read in full